- Describing the movement of the Earth, relative to the Sun
- Describing the movement of the Moon relative to the Earth
- Describing the Sun, Earth and Moon as approximately spherical bodies
- Explaining day and night
- Learning mnemonics for the order of the planets
- Using equipment to investigate the earth’s rotation on its axis and its orbit of the sun
- Investigating the moon’s phases
-Identifying the countries in North and South America
-Describing, analysing and comparing the climates of the Americas
-Identifying and describing the geographical features of North America
-Identifying, describing and comparing the human geographical features of South America
-Using compass directions to locate and describe the location of the states within the USA
-Using 4 and 6 figure grid references to identify the location of given places on a map.
Design and Technology:
-Designing and building moon buggies
-We will be studying the artist Frida Kahlo. We will learn about her life and artwork including surrealism and self-portraits.
-Learning about coding and applying our knowledge to making our own computer games on Purple Mash 2Code
-‘The People of God’. This unit focuses on the story of Moses and the 10 Commandments. It draws comparisons between the modern day and the time of the Old Testament. We discuss how Christians apply these teachings to their lives through looking at charitable organisations.
-‘All About Me’. We cover greetings, introducing ourselves, where we live and what we look like.
-Rugby and Netball. Key skills and match technique.
-Ukulele: Learning to hold the ukulele correctly, pick notes and strum chords. Using the chords of C, F & G7 to play along to a number of songs. Listening to ukulele music in a range of different styles.