Meet the Team
The Class teachers are:
- Mr Mace - Year Leader and Platypus Class Teacher
- Mrs Franks - Wallaby Class Teacher
- Miss Fazal - Koala Class Teacher
The Teaching Assistants are:
- Miss Wilkinson
- Miss Street
- Miss Nicolaides and Miss Booker
Communication with the Class Teacher
Due to the new dropping off and collecting system, parents will not be able to stop and talk to the class teacher at either drop off or pick up. Therefore, please take note of the following information:
- If someone different is picking up your son or daughter, you must contact the school office BEFORE 2.45pm so this message can be passed on in good time.
- If you have a question or query for the class teacher, please email our ASK email address (AskYear1@longfleet.poole.sch.uk) and we will respond within 48hrs by email or phone. Alternatively, please use your son or daughter's white Home School Link Book to pass information over to the class teacher.
Important Information for Year 1 Parents
- Please read with your child at least 3 times a week and record each read in their Reading Record Book. We have a significant focus on reading in Year 1 and would really value your support with this at home. For more information, see our 'GO WILD' section.
- Your child must have their book bag and Reading Record in school every day (please regularly check for letters, etc).
- Reading books will be changed every Friday and spellings will be handed out and tested every Tuesday. Please make sure your child has their green Spelling Book in school every Tuesday.
- All children in Year 1 come into school in PE kit on Mondays. Earrings must not be worn on Mondays for the children’s safety in PE lessons.
- Please ensure that all belongings are clearly labelled, especially jumpers, PE bags, book bags, lunch boxes and water bottles.
- During the rest of the week, the pupils will have regular ‘active’ sessions so please bear this in mind when selecting any new school shoes as they will need to be able to move comfortably in them. As PE will be predominantly based outside (even in damp conditions) it might be worth the children having a spare PE kit in school in case they need to get changed due to getting wet. The children will need a pair of trainers in school at all times so they can put these on quickly for 'active' activities if school shoes are not appropriate for a particular activity e.g. running around the field.
- We will be sending out weekly ‘Marvellous Me’ notifications to keep in touch about various things going on in our year group. Please sign up if you haven’t already (see the school office) and use the notifications to engage with your child about their week at school.
- Regularly ask your children how they have shown the school values of being aspirational, resilient, kind and wise. We welcome any photos, drawings or notes of how your child has shown these values at home as well.
GO WILD for Reading is Longfleet's brilliant home reading reward scheme for pupils in Reception and Key Stage One. We encourage every child to develop a love of books and, as it is such an essential life skill, we expect all of our children to read a minimum of three times a week. Thank you for your support with this.