Snow update
Dear all,
Just to let you know that the children are enjoying their snowy World Book Day. It is lovely to see the school value of ‘resilience’ in action today!
All sporting events planned for today are postponed as are the after-school clubs.
Kidscape will be OPEN until the usual finish time.
We have decided to postpone the Music Concert and it has been rescheduled for Thursday 8th March (6.30pm-8pm).
Looking at the weather forecast we are aware that more snow is predicted this afternoon and therefore, if you feel the need to pick your child up early, you may do so from 2pm. Please report to the main office (no need to ring ahead).
In terms of tomorrow we will send a message and update the school website at 7am in the morning. Our current intention is to remain open.
Thank you,
Longfleet CE Primary School
Hello there,
We will be celebrating World Book Day as planed today. Does anyone have an Olaf costume!?!
Thank you.
Good morning,
Mr Helm here - I'm currently looking at Mr Heawood clearing the pathways into school (I'd better hurry up with the typing so I can help him!). I've driven in this morning and the main roads are clear. The roads in the vicinity of the school have a bit more of a covering of snow.
We are going to open this morning. Please can all the children bring a full change of clothes so that we can get outside and enjoy the snow on the school field.
We will continue to assess the situation during the day and will keep you informed. There is the possibility that we invite you to collect your children earlier than the normal pick up time if you want to.
For those taking part in tonight's music concert we will make a decision by noon today.
I'm off to find some carrots for the snowman competition!
Thank you.
Children should bring a change of suitable clothes to play on the field in.
The main roads are clear but the roads around school are less so.
Therefore everyone should take care and walk a bit further than normal if needed.
If the snow continues to fall we will continually monitor the situation and will communicate with parents throughout the day as to whether there is the option to pick up earlier than normal.
Dear Parents and Carers,
It would appear that Storm Emma is potentially going to result in some snow falling in the local area over the next few days. At present we are expecting to continue ‘business as usual’. If the opportunity arises (i.e. we get a significant amount) we will alter our lessons and provide opportunities for the children to enjoy the snow. Therefore, it is important that they have appropriate clothing (a coat) in school and a warm PE kit (tracksuit bottoms and top etc.) to change into if they get wet. Depending upon circumstances you may wish to send in wellies, gloves etc in a spare bag.
In the highly unlikely event that the school needs to close we will inform you via:-
Text
School Website
Local Radio
If the amount of snow changes significantly during the school day (i.e. roads could be becoming increasingly dangerous) we will communicate with you about giving you the option to pick your child up earlier than 3.15pm if you so wished.
We are planning for Thursday’s Music Concert at St. Mary’s Church (6.30pm-8pm, everyone welcome) to go ahead. If we do have to change plans we will obviously communicate this with you and would make sure that it was rescheduled for later in the year.